Creativity is Key

Monday, June 21, 2010

Here is an Original Poem From Me




This is a poem for my bad days....


Dark Room (Poem)

The therapy,
That says to me,
That is me,
Is a dark room,

My heart is a dark room,
Waiting, wanting, hoping for someone to turn on the light,
The light has gone too soon,
I hold on with all of my might,

When warm tears stream down my cheek,
My heart grows weak, and skips a beat,
Love, being something I’ve never encountered,
Trust, being something I’ve always wanted,

It’s funny how the lighting and thunder is so calming to me,
Until someone enters the room and wont let me be,
Free, to learn from my mistakes,
And to grow from my earth shaking heart aches,

I never wanted to know pain,
But without it, I guess life couldn’t be the same,
How anger gets the best of people, and sadness gets the worst,
I wonder which would be best to come first,

And to live in solemn silence, is something I know too well,
Yet, broken from the first time I fell,
I screamed Mommy! Daddy!
And love rushed over to help me,

Or like the time when I was struck across the face,
Luckily the anger didn’t leave a trace,
When I am persecuted and put down by so many,
I wonder if I even had any,
People to love me, and so it’s okay,
And that the sun will shine some other day,

Well if someone could just do me a favor,
And turn on the light,
Maybe, I just might,
Know how not to live in solemn silence,
And not to answer with random violence,

So I say my heart is a dark room, waiting for someone to turn on the light,
And maybe I just might,
Be the light in someone else’s life,
Sounds about right,

- Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment